These delicious home-made spelt wraps with avocado dip from Nicolas Wörn give a quick hit of calories ideal to keep your energy up.
When balancing life with triathlon training, time is of the essence so having some simple healthy meals to cook is vital – and this recipe is just that. The combination of the three-egg wraps along with the avocado and tomato dip plus fresh mozzarella gives a quick and easy way to take on board those needed carbs, proteins and good fats to keep you fuelled up for your workouts.
You can have it on its own as a quick-fix, post-session snack or make it as a side to go with something more substantial to replenish the calories from a tough training day.
Ingredients (serves two or one triathlete!)
- 200g spelt flour
- 300ml mineral water
- 3 eggs
- A pinch of salt
- 1tsp coconut oil
- 1 avocado
- 1 big tomato
- Salt and pepper
- 1 clove garlic (optional)
- 125g mozzarella
- Break the eggs into a mixing bowl and gradually turn in the flour.
- Add the mineral water and a pinch of salt and beat until smooth.
- Warm a wide, flat-bottomed pan on medium-high heat with the coconut oil.
- Pour in the mixture and fry for about three minutes, turning regularly until the edges are just starting to char.
- Remove from the pan to a serving plate.
- Slice the avocado in two and remove the flesh from the middle.
- Crush the flesh with the back of a fork until it reaches your preferred consistency.
- Dice the tomato into small squares and add to the crushed avocado.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, along with finely chopped garlic if desired.
- Slice the mozzarella into bite-sized chunks and serve in the avocado skin.
Break pieces off your spelt wrap, dip in the mix, top with mozzarella and enjoy the subtle yet rich taste.